OUR WISH LIST
We are always in need of new supplies! If you would like to donate any of the following items to Tierra Madre Horse Sanctuary, be sure to save your receipts so we can get you get a donation receipt for your records. All items can be brought to us between the hours of 7:30 am and 11am, 7 days a week. If you’d like to stay for a tour, be sure to schedule an appointment so we can set aside time just for you!
On behalf of all of us at Tierra Madre, thank you for your generosity!
GROCERY STORE ITEMS
– *water bottles
– paper towels
– general cleaning supplies (Windex, 409, dish soap, etc.)
– towels (bath and dish sized) and wash clothes
– toilet paper
– pancake syrup
* These are especially needed during the summertime!
SUPPLEMENTS AND MEDICINE
– wheat bran
– Purina Equine Senior grain
– Purina apple treats (50lb bag)
– C.O.B. sweet feed
– beet pulp (no molasses)
– Neigh Lox
– Electrolytes (powdered)
– Hoofshoer’s Secret Pelleted Hoof Supplement
– FlyRid and FlySpray
– FluidFlex for horses
*MISC. EQUINE AND HARDWARE ITEMS
– halters and lead ropes
– water tubs (all sizes)
– scrub brushes
– carts (our favorites are from Ace Hardware: for example, Rubbermaid Poly Farm, Gorilla Carts and the Ace brand)
– Elastikon (4″ by 3″ preferred – can be purchased HERE.)
*Please note that we can only accept new or like-new products. If in doubt, shoot us a picture of the item you would like to donate prior to drop off.
GIFT CARDS OR CREDITS AT ANY OF THE FOLLOWING STORES
– Ace Hardware (where we get some of our medicines, hardware, and wound care supplies)
– Home Depot (where we turn for certain projects)
– Scottsdale Livestock (where we get our Bermuda hay, Timothy hay, and our supplements)
– G-Farms (where we get our alfalfa hay)
– Chaparral Veterinary Medical Center (where we always have outstanding vet bills! To help us with our bills, give them a call at 480-595-8600 and tell the lovely receptionists you’d like to make a contribution to Tierra Madre Horse Sanctuary’s ‘tab!’)
OTHER NECESSARY EXPENSES
– Phoenix Curbside & Recycling (it’s roughly $400 per month for our recycling and our manure dumpster to be switched out. To pay for one of our bills, give them a call at 602-225-0020.)
– Farrier bills (in 2015, we spent $3,000 on farrier bills, which amounts to $250 a month)
– dirt (we need dirt for our horse stalls quite often! We get our dirt from Domres Grading Inc. and we like the shade material (1/4″ minus) dirt. If you would like to buy us a load of dirt, please give us a call to schedule a time for its delivery!)
– We would LOVE to have a scanner for our office! This will make filing paperwork so much easier.