Thank you for contacting Tierra Madre Horse & Human Sanctuary! Please feel free to email us with any questions. We will do our best to get back to you within a day or two, but please allow up to one week for a response. Our email is [email protected].
You can also call or text us at (480) 469 - 9166 between our regular hours of 7:30 am and 11:00 am. If we don’t answer, it’s probably because we have a horse on our hands! Please leave a message and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
We hope to hear from you soon!
Schedule A Tour
Visitors are welcome at Tierra Madre Horse & Human Sanctuary between the hours of 7:30am and 11am by appointment only. Appointments must be made at least 48 hours in advance, and we have many options for tours based uniquely on your preference! Please call us at (480) 469 - 9166 or email [email protected] make your appointment today.
Because of our limited staff and so we can truly make your visit something to remember, we charge $25 per person aged 18 and over. Children ages 6-17 are $10 per child, and children under 5 are free. Payment must be made in advance to confirm your tour. If you need to cancel your tour, your payment is 100% refundable.
Plugging our address into GPS will sometimes take you on a wild goose chase! Follow these directions instead:
Once you are on Tatum Boulevard, turn west onto Pinnacle Vista. (Turn right if you are driving south on Tatum, left if you are driving north).
Once you are on Pinnacle Vista, take your very first left onto 47th street. This turn comes up after about 50 feet.
Stay on 47th street. It will curve to the right and turn into Bajada. Stay on the road until you go over two speed bumps and the road turns to dirt. We are the very first thing on the right hand side.
OR, plug in our neighbor's address: 4509 E. Bajada Rd. Cave Creek, AZ 85331. Our entrance is directly across from their house.
SOME THINGS FOR YOU TO KNOW
- Our gate will be closed when you pull up! This is to prevent any potential runaways. Please open the gate, pull in, then shut the gate behind you before you park. You’ll see available parking straight ahead in the dirt clearing. Park and walk on down to the barn/breezeway where we will be there to welcome you to the ranch!
- Please do not approach any of the horses until you've spoken with a Tierra Madre staff member or a volunteer.
- While we appreciate you wanting to bring apples and carrots, our horses are on special diets and their treats are limited. You will not be able to feed the horses, but you will be welcome to pet and interact with most of them over the fence! Most are very friendly and are very excited to meet you.
- Please be advised that all visitors who are under the age of 18 must have a parent or legal guardian fill out a waiver on their behalf. No one but a minor’s legal parent or guardian may fill out a waiver on their behalf.
- Closed-toe shoes are required, and we highly recommend bringing a hat and wearing sunscreen!